On May 13,2014 Local 355 members came together for their Quarterly Membership Meeting and Nomination and Election of Delegates to the International Union’s Convention. Membership Meetings are held every three months and are a great opportunity for members to learn, understand and participate in the growth of their Union. During this meeting we discussed the state of the Union’s finances and the plan to fight for and grow our member’s healthcare through actions in upcoming negotiations.
After the regular business of the Union the Election Committee entertained a motion to open the floor for nominations for Delegates and Alternates to the International Union Convention which will be held in Boston from June 25-27th. Nominations were held in both the morning and the evening meetings. Delegates and alternates were nominated to fill the appropriate number of spots allotted to our Local no election was necessary and the Election Committee Chair, Winston Garvey, cast a single ballot electing the following leaders delegates and alternates for Local 355.
- Wendi Walsh, Secretary Treasurer, Local 355
- Rose Metellus Denis, President, Local 355
- Joanne Jacques, Delaware North Co., FLL
- Cruz Pena, Sky Chefs
- Rick Sanchez, Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Patricia Pierre, HMS HOST MIA
- Denia Fernandez, HMS HOST MIA
- Kandiz Lamb, Vice President, Local 355
- Patrick Volcin, Recording Secretary, Local 355
- Rachelle Laurent, Westin Diplomat Hotel
- Omar Williams, Isle of Capri
- Maria Luisa Perez, Master Concession Air MIA
- Joyce Shaw, Hudson News FLL
- Mirela Ivan, Westin Diplomat Hotel
Congratulations to everyone!
A special thanks to the Elections Committee for their time and commitment throughout this process.
- Winston Garvey, Chair, SKY CHEFS
- Irma Fenelus, HMS HOST MIA
- Daniel Seymour, HMS HOST MIA
- Eduardo Tartarini, Miami Beach Resort